- 2 Bedrooms, each with a Queen bed (portable crib & rocking chair in front bedroom).
Large loft with Cal-King bed and 4 Twin beds (baby gate for the stairs).
Living Room has 2 built-in couches which can become Twin beds, if needed.
Full bath on main floor, ½ bath in loft.
- Full kitchen is open to the living room and dining area and includes a refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker/grinder, mini food processor, electric pancake griddle, waffle maker, hot air popper, lots of dishes, glasses, wine glasses, utensils. (We have a child-proof lock over the cabinet containing dish liquid and cleansers.)
- Dining table can accommodate 6-8 people. Additionally, there is seating for 3 at the kitchen counter.
- Living room has vaulted ceilings, beautiful windows showcasing the surrounding trees, comfy “over-stuffed” couches, and a large wood-burning fireplace with gas starter. (Please bring your own firewood – you can buy wood at Big Trees Market off Hwy 4. The large bin in the entry may be used for wood storage.)
- We have free WiFi and there is a stereo with CD player (and cassette player) and a stack of CDs featuring a variety of music genres. There is also a large TV with hookups for a laptop or iPad that you can use to access the internet.
- Large loft with large TV, DVD player, X-Box player (we have a few games but they get used hard and scratched easily – might want to bring/rent some of your own), books, board games, and puzzles. There is also a DVD player in one of the bedrooms and, as mentioned, a small one in the living room.
- Sorry, but there is no TV service – after all you’re there to enjoy nature!
- New, child- and pet-friendly deck wraps around two sides of the house, has two sets of tables/chairs, one with an umbrella, and a large gas BBQ with utensils. The deck is surrounded by lots of pine trees and one rather large Oak!
- Pets are welcome. We ask that you please act responsibly and inform us of any accidents so we can have our cleaning staff tend to it properly.
- A phone is in the kitchen for you to use – we have free local and long distance so feel free to talk away! (Note: Cell phone service is spotty in the mountains. Verizon works pretty well at the cabin, especially outside on the deck. Other service providers may work along Hwy 4 but only 1 bar so it’s iffy.)
- Provided: Sheets, pillows, blankets, toilet paper, hand soap, dish liquid, paper towels, iron/board. (Note, please bring sheets for the portable baby crib.)
- PLEASE BRING: firewood, bath/hand/dish towels, baggies/Tupperware/aluminum foil, bath soap, toiletries, hair dryer and enough clothes for your entire stay. We do not have a washer/dryer onsite – “Alpine Coin Laundry” is at 2720 Hwy 4, in the High Country Spa & Stove Center (209-795-3593) on the left before entering Arnold. They are open 7 days a week, 7:00 am – 8:00 pm.
- There are basic condiments in the kitchen and a large grocery store (with deli, organic produce, supplies) just 2 miles away: “Big Trees Market” , 2182 Hwy 4, on the left as you enter town. There are also several great restaurants in town.
- We use Go Green Cleaning – an amazing cleaning service which uses only green, environmentally-safe cleaning products (without adding cost or sacrificing cleanliness!) so we can provide a healthier environment for your family and for the beautiful Sierras you’ve come to enjoy. The house is also up-to-date with smoke alarms and a carbon monoxide detector for your family’s protection.
- Please, no smoking inside the cabin.
- There is no air conditioning and it can be quite warm in the summer. We have 2 ceiling fans in the loft and 2 standing fans provided.
- The long gravel driveway has a bit of a slope and you will need to back out. This is usually no problem for any type of vehicle (we drive a Prius) however if you are
uncomfortable, you can park on Gertrude Way (if it’s snowing – you’ll need to
move off the street for snow plows).
|Contact Terri at 760-552-1520 or send an email for more information or to make a reservation.|